The Working Plan 2012-2014 for the implementation of the Ecodesign Directive has been published by the European Commission.
The priority product groups covered by this Working Plan are:
- Window products
- Steam boilers ( < 50MW)
- Power cables
- Enterprises' servers, data storage and ancillary equipment
- Smart appliances/meters
- Wine storage appliances (cf. Ecodesign regulation no. 643/2009)
- Water-related products
The combined energy saving potential of these priority product groups is estimated to amount for almost 3000 PJ per year by 2030.
The list of conditional product groups, where launching a preparatory study is dependent on the outcome of ongoing regulatory processes and/or reviews, comprises:
- Positive displacement pumps
- Fractional horse power motors under 200 W
- Heating controls
- Lighting controls/systems
- Thermal insulation products for buildings